Tarot Universal Dali

Tarot Universal Dali
Dee Dee & Salvador Dali

Friday, January 15, 2010

CABALLERO DE OROS


The Tarot Universal Dali's Knight of Pentacles -- drawn at random from the full 72-card deck.
A fitting start to a journey into 2010. All that wealth exploded behind him. And he doesn't seem to notice.
Dali plucked his Caballero de Oros from the First King section of Benozzo Gozzoli's The Procession of the Magi frescoes. http://www.palazzo-medici.it/eng/sez_museo/viaggio.htm ilicomes -- Dali gave him the First King's horse.
The knight, snatched off the steep mountain of the magi's journey and dropped into a fiery desert, shifted his gaze to his new liege, his new creator -- Dali.
Dali further confirms his own powerful status as Rey de Oros making that card a self-portrait.
Gozzoli tucked a self-portrait into his frescoes as well, but lacked Dali's bravado and independence, casting himself as an adviser midst the rabble of the kings' retinue.
Meanwhile, perched upon the computer screen, my Knight of Pentacles opens the year and rides on, his world exploded behind him, his surrounds parched, his distraction letting droop his banner. Even his horse -- once the king's horse -- sinks unnoticed into the mud and the void below.
Comment: I will deliberate as I carry this card into my week in this way: Who will I become? Will I be the knight, the seeker, the rider across this desert? Will I follow a liege? Am I the liege?

No comments:

Post a Comment